FAMCARE Lead x 2 positions and a Specialist Trainee
FAMCARE is a validated national service valuation offered by the APM to their members’ Specialist Palliative Care services in the UK and Ireland annually. The audit has been run by the APM under the fantastic leadership of Dr Sarah Cox for the last five years and is highly valued by services for benchmarking, and by individuals for their appraisal. We are seeking 2 APM members to take on the leadership of this annual audit. It would be ideal for a Consultant / SAS Doctor to share leadership. We would also welcome a Specialist Trainee to help build and develop their experience. The individuals would ensure the audit (which is run by the APM secretariat) runs smoothly each year.
- agree timelines for the audit annually including ensuring the audit is advertised in the ebulletin at appropriate time
- review feedback and amend documents appropriately
- respond to any external forces and update/adjust processes accordingly (for instance GDPR last year!)
- support the APM secretariat with any queries
- review results with the secretariat and ensure results go out to services in an appropriate way
- write the annual FAMCARE report and feedback to the APM exec via the committee