There are six different levels of membership, depending on your circumstances.
Consultants and equivalents who hold an appointment, paid or unpaid, with a hospice or hospital unit, team or service in Great Britain or Ireland.
Full Membership with Reduced Subscription
Any doctors in a specialised training post or holding a specialty doctor, staff grade or associate specialist post within a hospital unit, team or service in Great Britain or Ireland.
Retired or overseas doctors and those who do not hold an appointment, paid or unpaid, with a hospice or hospital unit, team or service in Great Britain or Ireland. Associate members do not have voting rights.
Junior Doctor Membership
Open to Junior doctors with provisional or full GMC registration on one of the following categories: F1 or F2, Core Medical Trainee, Core Surgical Trainee, ACCS Trainee, GP Trainee, on a year out of training at any point in career prior to entry to specialist training. Junior members would be verified by GMC number.
NEW Parental Leave
A reduced subscription open to all members for parental leave will be offered for one year in the amount of £50. Members will still retain their original membership status and benefits during this period
Medical Student Membership
Open to all medical students at any recognised medical school in Great Britain & Ireland. Students of any year of study, including intercalating. Students would be required to register using a university email address.
- Membership of the European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC)
- Collective membership and associated membership benefits, including a reduced subscription rate for the European Journal of Palliative Care.
- Maintains links with other specialties
- Represents palliative medicine’s viewpoint and concerns to Government and other bodies
- Maintains a medical workforce database of doctors working in the specialty to assist with staffing and training requirements
The APM does its work through committees made up of its members. Click here to find out more.