The Association for Palliative Medicine of Great Britain and Ireland (APM) is one of the world’s largest representative bodies of medical/health care professionals practicing or interested in Palliative Medicine. It was formed in 1986 and has a growing membership of over 1,300. We welcome international members. With 9 different membership levels we are confident there is one for you and here are some of the main benefits of joining the APM!
Benefits of joining the APM
- Access to Palliative Care Formulary*
- Online access to British Medical Journals including quarterly paper copy of BMJ Supportive Palliative Care*
- Online access to Palliative Medicine Journal*
- Discounts for APM study days and annual conference
- Education and training material including access to online Education Hub
- Bi-monthly bulletins
- Peer support/network
- Monthly event bulletins
- Access to national benchmarking bereavement survey (FAMCARE)
- Organisational membership to the European Association for Palliative Care
- Eligibility to apply for APM awards
*Dependant on membership level
We work in strategic alliance with those who can contribute to achieving our vision, supporting our values and delivering our aims.
The APM represent you, our members, to ensure that your voice is heard and that you are represented in all areas relative to Palliative Medicine practice (e.g. legal, political, training, economic and workforce), as well as many other issues, including continually changing topical national debates and important matters such as assisted dying, palliative care funding, clinical nutrition and hydration, assisted ventilation and Palliative Medicine Training.
For news, please refer to the recent news section below and if you have any questions please contact Compleat Secretariat.